Friday, October 3, 2008

"Just Like Tina Turner, Ike Can't Keep Us Down!"

You've gotta love this quote on the window of Mary's, a notorious Montrose gay bar. Hurricane Ike really messed with many people's mojo, myself included. We lost power for two weeks and my life revolved around getting ice and driving around searching for wifi hot spots. I've finally recovered from what my painting instructor termed "PHS" or post-hurricane syndrome.

I've worked on some really fun projects lately, mostly as part of my school work. I made my first major foray into abstract painting and really enjoyed it. It's very freeing to paint gesturally without worries of making the painting "look like something." As I've become more immersed in my artwork, I've developed a greater appreciation and understanding of abstract art. I've also been working on pieces for my 3D design class, the most recent working with clay which is a totally new experience for me as well. I promise to post some pictures of my recent projects soon.

No comments: