It's been two weeks since my first art opening and I am still on cloud nine. I met up with a friend today at the Glassell so we could take each other's pictures by our paintings. In all of the excitement of opening night, I forgot to bring my camera! Now I have it officially documented.As if getting in the show weren't enough, I also sold a bunch of my paintings and collages in the student art sale that same night. It was somewhat surreal to see strangers carrying my paintings around like their new prized possessions. I even had people fighting over buying two of my paintings!
Being an artist is often very hard on the ego, especially for a sensitive gal like me. It involves much time toiling away in solitude and wondering if anyone besides you likes or even somewhat appreciates your work. On May 15th, I felt like the Universe aligned to give me the perfect night and an enthusiastic pat on the back. Thanks Universe!!

1 comment:
Pat, pat, pat... from your seester, too!
Post a Comment