Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where I'm Coming From


Three months ago, I quit my job as a nonprofit fundraiser to focus on my art and writing full-time. This is my third attempt at doing this and I’m determined to not chicken out again and get another normal job. Following my many blisses is scary. I don’t have the routine or social interaction of a job. I have to set my own hours and motivate myself. I have no clue when I will start making money at this or how long my very wonderful and understanding husband will put up with my lack of paid employment. But, I have to do this because when I make art and write, I am truly in flow, at one with the universe, transported to glorious realms, etc. It makes me feel like I felt on this long-ago skylift ride with my mom--in the embrace of all things good.

I will be using this blog to shamelessly promote my work and the work of other artists I admire. Speaking of which, I have my work on a couple of websites where prints, greeting cards, t-shirts, and knick knacks adorned with my art can be purchased:

Paintings
http://carolinereeder.imagekind.com/
www.redbubble.com/people/csreeder

Funny Cow Series (predating “Cow Parade” by 20 years I'll have you know)
www.cafepress.com/bovinedesigns

Please check it out, tell all your friends, link the sites to blogs and websites, and buy lots of stuff!

Fondly,
Caroline

No comments: