As I'm sure you've noted from my previous posts, I have oft lamented not being one of those people who has one passion in life but rather someone with lots of passions and interests. My reasoning is that life would be much less complicated if I was able to focus on and master one thing, i.e. painting, writing, mosaicing, etc. rather than trying to do it all at once.I'm having a change of heart though. Lately, I've been letting my daily desires, energy level, and mood guide me in what to work on rather than forcing myself to follow a strict schedule. Some days, I just want to get lost in a painting, mosaic, or simply want to mix paint on a palette (extremely therapeutic!). Other days, I am full of thoughts that I must get on paper. And if the day is long enough, I often switch back and forth between art and writing. I'm getting into the groove of working this way and it's becoming much more natural to me.
The reality is that it has to become more natural and routine to me. I love writing because it's easy for me and I love painting because it's not so easy. I can't imagine trading one for the other. I must do both!

No comments:
Post a Comment