I've only been painting for two years and I already have five of my paintings in the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston! Okay, so they are really at the MFAH's Glassell School not in the museum itself, but I'm still going to milk it for all it's worth. It's my first official show and it's very exciting to have my paintings up for the world to see. I even made title tags and an artist statement. It looks very official.The paintings are from my decrepit buildings and electric power plants series. The paintings on the left are of a fascinating building in my neighborhood. At one time, it was a insurance storefront but now appears vacant. There are many buildings like this in the Heights and although some would like them torn down, I want them to stay so I have something interesting to paint and they give the neighborhood some nice seedy character.
So, go see my show! It's runs until April 5th at the Glassell School of Art, MFAH, on the corner of Montrose and Binz. Parking is across the street from the MFAH at the church.

1 comment:
Very nice, Seester!
Post a Comment