Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Day in the Life

Now that I have a part-time job that allows me to both pay the bills and affords me time to follow my many blisses, I thought it would be helpful to start chronicling what I actually do from day to day. My motive for this is purely selfish; if I publish my daily activities on this blog (well MOST of my daily activities), it should help me stay focused on my goals rather than spending my time away from work watching reruns of "The Real Housewives of New York City." That show is like a car wreck that I can't help but watch!

My work schedule is full day Monday, half day Tuesday, full day Wednesday, freedom Thursday-Sunday. Unfortunately, I have my painting class on Wednesday nights until 10 pm so Thursday has so far been recovery day. I try to do some writing or investigating things to write, think of projects to work on, or plan and sketch out ideas for paintings, but mostly I drink lots of coffee and putter around the house.

Today, I went on a recon mission to Borders to check out arts/crafts/culture/interesting magazines that I could possibly do some freelance writing for. The mission was very successful. There are several great magazines seeking submissions that haven't made it into that tome of freelance market listings, "Writer's Market" which hopefully means they aren't completely inundated with queries. I'm glad I went early in the day because the rest of the day I've been yawning nonstop thanks to the somnolence inducing lunch I had with my hubby at Teotihuacan. In between yawns, I've been on the web looking at submission guidelines for the magazines I discovered today.

Not the most productive day, but I'm hoping that once my class ends I will have a bit more energy!

No comments: