Friday, September 24, 2010
Where I Have Been and Why
It's been a very long time since I have posted to this blog. Pitiful I know, but for a while I just didn't feel comfortable sharing the ups and downs of my journey following many blisses. Most days I feel like the luckiest person in the world because I have a part-time job that affords me the time and money to focus on my art and writing. I also have a husband who probably doesn't understand why I can't just have a "normal" job but loves me enough to accept that I will never be happy in a normal job. Other days, I resent the hours the boring job takes me away from what I love. I get tired of telling people that I'm an artist and writer, and feeling the need to defend the fact that being an artist and writer is "real" work and not frivolous play (although it is fun). I get tired of the brick wall idea that you can only be one thing in life and if you are not you're flaky. But then Tuesday rolls around and I spend the morning writing with my writing pals and then go to the studio to paint all afternoon, and I forget all my worries. So, it's a rollercoaster, this life of doing it all and I promise to share it here more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment