I am 46 years old and have big dreams. I have barely begun to tap the surface of all that I want to do with my life. I have tried working at lots of different jobs, and while I have made great friends, paid the bills, and made a difference here and there, a job is simply not enough for me. I know that people go to jobs every day and it's enough for them, but it's not enough for me. I want a big, significant, fun, and interesting life with an occasional adventure thrown in.It makes me sad that following one’s dreams is viewed by most people as a flighty pipedream. Wherever we are in our lives, and whatever we do to make a living, we should never give up on our dreams. Whatever our dreams involve, no matter how big or how small, we should never pull the covers over our heads and give up.
My big dream is to spend my days painting, creating, writing, and being a decent human being, and to be able to support myself through these endeavors. Each day, I further commit myself to my dreams and I feel the Universe supporting and nudging me in the right direction. It is a long process and I’m not very patient, but after I spend time fretting about the direction of my life, I paint, write, or make some glass, and realize that I am right where I am supposed to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment