This dear sweet woman to the left is my mom Linda Reeder. She is my inspiration. She grew up on a farm outside of Bowling Green, Missouri and moved to the big city--Washington, D.C.--during World War II. While in D.C., she worked and attended art school until she and her sister Sue decided to move to the warmer climes of south Florida where she met my dad and settled down to raise a family.Art was a normal part of life in Linda Reeder's house. She was always working on some sort of art or craft project, always using her creative mind to dream up beautiful things. It was a rare household in which being an artist was joyfully encouraged rather than considered a mere hobby and not a serious profession. Because of my mom, I always believed that being an artist was the absolute best thing in the world.
Mom died almost nine years ago and I still think about her and miss her every day. As I sit in my studio toiling away, I know that she is there with me in spirit supporting and encouraging me as I work in earnest at my true calling.

1 comment:
Very nice, Cary. Even though I'm not an artist, she's my inspiration too through her insatiable love of knowledge. Love, your sister Anny
Post a Comment